Deadline: October 16, 2022
Applications are open for the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) Climate Photo Competition 2022. Every picture tells a story – and the Global Landscapes Forum wants to see yours. They are now accepting applications for the GLF Climate 2022 Photo Competition.
Whether you’re a professional or amateur, nature or urban photographer, they would love to see your perspective on the impacts of climate change, as well as ways we can tackle it.
Send your best pictures on how the climate crisis is impacting your landscape – or how your local community is dealing with it. Whether it’s a story on drought, floods and other climate disasters, or how people are acting to reverse rising temperatures, GLF wants the world to see it.
- Cash prizes of USD $400 (1st place), USD $300 (2nd place) and USD $200 (popular vote).
- A spread and interview in Landscape News.
- A showcase at the GLF Climate 2022 Art Gallery.
- The GLF Climate Photo Competition is open to anyone aged 18 or above, whether you’re a photo enthusiast or a professional photographer.
- Photos from any country will be accepted.
- By submitting the photo, the participant guarantees that their participation follows the rules and agrees with the terms of this competition.
- Photos that have previously won other photographic contests will not be considered.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by the GLF, who will select at least 25 photos from all eligible submissions received during the competition period. Finalists will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Creativity (30%)
- Photographic quality (30%)
- Composition (30%)
- Execution of theme (10%)
The GLF will publish the finalist entries on its online platforms. The panel of judges will choose the first and second prize winners from the finalist entries, while members of the public will be invited to vote online for their favorite entry. The photo that receives the most votes will receive the ‘popular vote’ award (3rd place).
- To participate, upload your photo here.
- Each photograph is a single entry, but you can submit multiple entries.
- The uploaded file must include the photo’s title, the contributor’s name and contact information, including email address, social media handles (if applicable), a caption listing the subject and location, and a short description of the story behind the picture.
- Participants must have the full copyright to the submitted photos. Therefore, by submitting their entries, participants will be presumed to have agreed to accept the contest rules and the terms and conditions.
For more information, visit GLF Climate Photo Competition.